Sunday, September 06, 2009

Sneak Peek: Secret Reaper Project


My Halloween message board group organized a "secret reaper" exchange (think secret Santa, but macabre) and tonight I spent a few hours on my project!

For my "victim" I'm doing a mosaic mirror in the classic black and orange, and chose a Harlequin-esque pattern of alternating diamonds. I cut all the glass a few weeks ago on the last day my skydiving attempt was cancelled, and tonight I got a board and mirror and sat down to put it all together.

I've got the front all arranged an glued down. Next I have to decide on what to do with the edges - either cut more tiles and mosaic that too, or do something else. They're beveled because I chose a piece of finished craft wood rather than a raw board like I used previously (I still haven't gotten my saw up and running, and was sick of waiting). Right now I can't decide, so I'm going to think on it overnight. Tomorrow my plan is to pick up some grout after my SKYDIVE (knock on wood! No more bad weather!) and knock this sucker out so I can mail it the same time I mail Bjork out on Tuesday.

I really love it so far! The orange glass has some yellow streaks running through it so it almost has a flame-light effect, and the black has a purplish undertone. I think it will appeal to a variety of aesthetics, and I hope my "victim" appreciates it too!

No comments: