Thursday, September 03, 2009

Oh my aching...everything!


If photocopying and collating count as paper crafting, then I have been EXTRA crafty lately. Yesterday my dear old dad called at 4:30 to ask for a little help with a project. 11 hours later I finally rolled into my bed exhausted, covered in paper cuts, and certain I can't stand up straight anymore after being hunched over a table and copier all night (AND I MEAN ALL NIGHT!).

Now for someone who generally nods off around 10pm, this was quite a stretch, but so far I'm still alive - I was actually up and at 'em before my alarm, and 1/2 hour early to work...though I know I could probably crash at any moment.

I didn't take any photos, mostly because we were none too cute by that point in our sorting & stacking nightmare, but we ended up completing our 30 binders with around 4000 pages total and somehow managed to round up all the little confetti our 3-hole punching left behind. WHEW! Who's ready for a WEEKEND?!?!

I certainly am looking forward to some R&R, a bon fire, some German Roasted Almonds. I'll risk swine flu for a giant cone of them, no question. And maybe a Dole Whip.

I'm also hoping to get started on my Halloween decorations! Remember the felt heads I saw in New York? Well felt isn't really outdoor-friendly and it's oddly expensive, so I don't think I can go quite that route, but I am set on a display of heads on sticks in my front yard. I think it's a really good example for the Queen of Hearts to send to guests or trick-or-treaters who think of showing up without costumes, don't you? So for my budget friendlier (and less time consuming) plan I think I'll just paint & possibly glue things on to foam mannequin heads like these. I did some price comparisons but just ended up getting 3 of these at Sally Beauty Supply for $3.69 each. I really wanted the male heads - they seem less alien and more realistic, but they didn't carry them at Sally and they seem to be a lot more expensive online ($8-9 each + shipping). I might still break down and get a few, but we'll see how the female decapitatees turn out first.

No comments: