Sunday, September 20, 2009

How many years bad luck?

I've had a bit of a rough crafting weekend. In addition to breaking the two black lights in my car, I also dropped my drill & snapped off the bit, snapped another one while drilling, and managed to break my arch project in about 6 different ways, including one of the mirrors. Then I spilled a bunch of red paint on my carpet and cloth chair, and once again cut up my hands grouting mosaics. Harrumph.

So my will to craft has been completely squashed this weekend and I've been grumpy and lazy this afternoon. That's not a good way to spend a valuable free day, but hey, it happens - making crafts isn't ALL sunshine and roses, sometimes it's actually work and mess and aggravation. And on those days you just need to walk away for a while.

On the bright side, I'm really happy with how my mosaics turned out! I grouted all 5 of the square photo frames today, and I honestly like each and every one of them. Even the orange & black one I was on the fence about ended up looking GREAT with the white grout! I still have a little polishing to do on them, but in genera, they were the one bright spot in my crafting disaster of a day. Yay!

Also, I vacuumed all the black light pieces and toxic dust out of my car tonight, so you can stop worrying I'm going to die of lead poisoning, Mom & Dad :)

No comments: