Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rose colored (and every other colored) glass...


I forgot my cell phone AND my camera today, so I was unable to snap photos of my cool new find - J. Ring Glass studios! So you'll have to make due with this tiny snapshot from their website. What an awesome warehouse of all things glass - bead making, jewelry, stained glass, glass slumping, and my favorite, mosaics. The front of the store has a lot of finished products to purchase or just inspire, then there's a section of tools and materials, and then in the back is a huge room with hundreds of different kinds of glass. I stuck with "hobby sheets" which are roughly the size of a piece of paper, since I can't really store or transport more than that, but you can get huge full sheets (and save when buying more). The prices are pretty good - for this size, the mosaic glass I looked at ranged form $3-8 per sheet, and that makes MANY mosaics.

So I'm all loaded up with supplies now, mailed off my first craft fair application (more details to come once I have confirmation I've been accepted), and all I have to do is sit down and make inventory!

Wish me luck...

No comments: