Saturday, September 19, 2009

Let there be light...BLACK LIGHT!


What's this? a strange new light fixture?



Hell yes!

My basement bar area will be the Mad Tea Party - with LONG ISLAND ICED tea, of course :) So to make it truly mad, I thought black lights would be fun. I picked up two shop light fixtures and four black light bulbs, and ran a million other errands. Then I unexpectedly had to slam on my breaks and BOOM! the lights slammed forward and two of the bulbs exploded - my car is covered with black light glass, it's way uncool. But two of them survived, and so I hung the first light right away.

We have a floating ceiling in the finished part of our basement, so obviously that can't support any weight, but I slid a couple of the tiles over and the beams were easy enough to reach. They actually lined up about perfectly - I pre-drilled holes and screwed in the little hooks that came with the lights, and voila! For Halloween it can hang there with solid support, and when the party's over I can just unhook the light and put the ceiling tiles back, leaving the hooks in place for next year.


I also picked up some new melamine serving plates with an awesome black and white skull design - they look killer under the black light! Love Home Goods...

No comments: