Friday, September 18, 2009

More Mosaics - Mystery Trio



As my time gets shorter and shorter my Halloween projects will become more and more urgent - last night was another of those "I just want to flop in bed!" nights, but since it's now almost THE END OF SEPTEMBER, I knew I had to keep moving - and boy did I move!

I rocked out all three of these mosaic photo frames last night!

These are eventually going to be related to the Halloween Party, but I think I'll keep it under wraps for a while...your only hint is in the labels...

So, back to what I accomplished last night:

These bases are wooden frames from Michael's. I spent about 4-5 hours cutting really small glass & mirror fragments and arranging them in various patterns to come up with three totally different looks.

This one I did in the same color palate as my first mosaic - I think it looks bright and summery like watermelon, or obviously the red & green could be Christmas-y.


The light isn't great on this picture, but this one is red and orange - warm and fiery.


And this last one is black glass with mirror tiles, I was going for sort of a zebra-stripe effect.

I was super proud that I made them all with glass I had previously purchased for my other projects (a cool part of mosaic is that you can usually use every single leftover piece of glass eventually), and I think I came up with some good designs. Next step is to grout them all!

No comments: