Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sneak Peek: Playing Card Garlands



Here's a mini project I rocked out yesterday (I'm on a roll now - only 6 weeks!)- Card Garlands.

Since the Queen of Heart's court is devised out of playing cards, I thought a garland of cards would be good for around the fireplace, or maybe over the china cabinet. It was simple to make - got playing cards @ The Dollar Tree, 2 packs for $1. For this first garland taped them with clear tape on the back end to end, alternating black/red/black/red but otherwise in no particular order.



After using around 1/2 the cards, I knew I wanted to create some height, so I bent the chain into peaks and secured them with another playing card on the bottom. I left one "flat" card in between each peak.

My finished garland is over 6' long, and cost under $1!

No comments: