Monday, September 14, 2009

Sawing logs...er...boards...


Another project I got started on this weekend was the huge prop I'm constructing for the front yard/entrance to the party. It's eventually going to be your portal to Wonderland...but it started as a big sheet of plywood (several actually).

This was the first piece I cut with my new saw! Lil' bro helped me figure out how to get the blades in and out, and after some trial and error and a phone call to dad, I had the top of my archway all cut out!

There's a lot more to go into this project, and hopefully I can get to it soon - since I just counted and we are officially in panic mode! My weekends are GONE and Halloween is coming up fast!

I am having so much fun in the lumber aisles now. I think I need a circular saw and a nail gun next. :)

No comments: