Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Daily Giggles:


Knowing I have a desk job and sit at a computer all day, a few people have asked me if I have a daily routine of websites I check. The answer is YES, some of them obsessively (my world would be happier if everyone updated their sites and blogs on the hour). These ones aren't quite that prolific, but I rely on them for a daily giggle:

Passive Aggressive Notes - Snapshots of the great notes people leave for their roommates, landlords, on the street, etc. They run the gamut of passive aggressive to straight up calls to war. I can admit to writing a few of these myself (i.e. "HEY DOUCHE BAG, IF YOU CAN'T PARK BETWEEN THE LINES, YOU SHOULDN'T BUY THE CAR!") though I've never submitted anything to the site...yet :)

Cake Wrecks - they showcase a daily "wreck" of a cake created by a "professional." Their wedding cakes have been particularly hilarious, especially when they show first what the bride ORDERED and then what she RECEIVED. Probably only funny because it happened to someone else, but good for a few laughs. On Sundays they feature AMAZING cakes to balance out the snark.

Fail Blog - the words "FAIL" and "EPIC" which are so pervasive in my descriptions of the world I can blame squarely on this site, which shows user submitted photos and videos of all things wrong in the world - my favorites are the bad parenting and phallic shaped fails, i.e. water fountains that look a little too much like anatomy and kids in the background of Mommy's trampy Myspace photos. Nice.

Ugliest Tattoos - a daily reminder of why you should think before you ink. This is a blog of poorly executed or just plain strange tattoos you can't imagine someone going through life with. And paying big money for. And enduring hideous pain for.

Apostrophe Abuse - this one isn't updated as regularly as the others, but I have to support the important work they are trying to do - using the power of public shaming to encourage proper grammar and spelling. This is another user-submitted site showing apostrophe overuse (it's rarely the other way around) most often in professional signs and printed materials. FAIL.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love failblog and cakewrecks!!