Friday, September 04, 2009

Bouquet Charms = LOVE!


I am anxiously awaiting Alison's wedding photos, but in the meantime here is one of the few I snapped on my own - my bridesmaid's bouquet!

These were GORGEOUS - again, the prominent flowers were these amazing and intricate dahlias with a little greenery and some kind of lilies. They had satin ribbon wrapped stems and do you notice the one additional accessory?

Bouquet charms!

Alison custom ordered these off everyone's favorite site, Etsy. They're scrabble tile pendants with the initial of each maid's name on one side (a little trivia: in scrabble, H is worth 4 points!) and a different personalized design on the other - how adorable is my tiny mermaid?!?!?!

I thought this was a wonderful little gesture, and I can't wait to string mine on a chain and wear it as a necklace too. That is one part of the bridesmaid ensemble it's not cheesy to say I really WILL wear again! (Let's face it - everyone says that about the dresses, and nobody ever does). It's a great and special keepsake of the day, and I'm really so thankful that she took the time to pick an image just for me.

They also ended up being very useful as I kept setting my bouquet down in various places and losing track of it :) This way, we always knew which one belonged to whom!

No comments: