Monday, September 28, 2009

Painting the Roses Red...

I'm back, and though I'm not nearly recovered or fully functional, I notice that we're a mere 33 days from Halloween, so I'd better keep up/kick up the pace! So here's another Alice project that is in the works right now:



I couldn't resist working this in somewhere. Rather than white roses I went with black to cast a creepier/more wicked tone, and I splattered & dripped red craft paint on them in a sort of blood spatter pattern. Does it look sufficiently scary? I think these will be part of the garland I'm putting together for the fire place.

The roses are from Michael's but NOT the Halloween section - I think they were $2 a stem or something crazy, but I should be able to use them for a few years - bloody black roses will apply to many themes, don't you think? :)

No comments: