Monday, September 14, 2009

Oreo No-Bake Dessert



I had a sweet tooth this weekend and went digging in my cupboards for something to satisfy it. I found this Oreo No-Bake dessert and happened to have EXACTLY 1 1/3 cups of cold milk left, and I was apparently going to do as many projects this weekend as possible, so I whipped it up. It was super easy! I did the mini cups since I don't own a pie pan, and it didn't take long. I think it was pretty cheap too. The cookie crust is done the same as a graham cracker one - mix with melted butter and form into the base. The bulk of the dessert is the white cream, you just whip the provided powder and your milk, and voila!

I ate 2 bites and threw them out.

It's not that they taste bad, they taste exactly like Oreo cookies.

Oreo cookies with 1/2 cup of the cream piled on top.

Egads.

I think I developed diabetes just by looking at them.

They're cute and easy and maybe kids would like them, but I can't imagine any adult being able to finish a serving of this stuff. Sorry Oreo, this one gets a fail.

No comments: