Saturday, September 05, 2009

Goodbye Bjork


I haven't put a lot of time into my Etsy shop yet, mostly I just wanted to get it up and ready in case I get a huge burst of inspiration and start making aprons (or something) again. So I just put in a few odds and ends, and one of them was my costume from last year, my home made version of Bjork's Swan Dress.

I listed it for much less than it cost me to make (boas are expensive!) but still a higher end costume price, and I've gotten a MILLION hits with people looking at it, but no buyers.

Until tonight.

I cracked open my secondary email, and there it was - "your paypal transaction has been processed."

Huh?

I opened it up and sure enough, Bjork has found a new home!

I'm a little conflicted, I don't think I ever thought through giving her up, but I am really happy someone will find joy with her again. I'm all for recycling and I had briefly considered taking her apart and re-using the boas, but that just seemed too cruel. She took hours of my time to create, not to mention the time spent driving all over town buying Michael's and JoAnn's out of white boas.

Now she's wrapped in a garment bag and folded into a big box, on her way to Washington state. Hopefully she'll be loved and appreciated, and maybe even win some costume contests. Farewell, Bjork, I really enjoyed your company...

No comments: