Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Back to happier topics...


On a lighter note, here's a little more of the sky dive maddness. Like I said, it all went by so fast I'm having a hard time explaining it, but here are a few more images - first, my official certificate of completion! Note it says "a successful landing." I wonder if you get hurt if they deny you the certificate? Or maybe they get a purple heart or something...

Speaking of injuries, here's my left shoulder:

It wasn't too bad yesterday, but I suppose a night of scrubbing carpets vigorously didn't help, and today it's pretty achy. My thighs are still pretty sore too, but I think I've managed to ditch the cowboy walk and cover it up nicely :)


I'm not sure how you have to rank to get the rainbow parachute, but isn't it gorgeous against that perfect blue sky?
I think this was the photographer that was filming one of the other jumpers in our group. In retrospect, I kind of wish I had gotten the video - it's $95, which is high, but they actually send another jumper with you to catch both your view and views of you as you plummet towards the ground. They shoot a video and a roll of film - that would be the way to ensure at least one epic photo of yourself in the moment. My brother got it last time he went. I think I might have been able to describe it better if I could see it again :)


Here's my dear old dad floating in the wind! He went last so he could watch us leap out first. My brother, having one jump under his belt already, rolled out of the plane backwards! At the time I didn't even think that was strange because I was so completely occupied by trying not to fall out the door.

Dad coming in for a landing - he also had a green parachute, but I had managed to land, grab, and fix the settings on my camera in time to catch his touch down.






My perfect (standing!) landing - we just sort of floated down till our feet hit the ground, like it was a totally normal way to approach the Earth :) I'm super bummed the only pics of me are on this goofy "burst" setting, and too blurry to blow up.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Fun! I have a cousin here who teaches paragliding just a couple miles from my house...check out his website -- www.utahparagliding.com
If you are ever in the area and are interested in a tandem flight...just dont tell your mom. ;)