Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Snaptotes



Here's another "favorite" source: snaptotes! This is one side of the bucket purse I designed after my mom gave me a gift card a few years ago. I LOVE IT!

I chose photos of my favorite boys, the hubs & the dog on one side, just the dog on the other (hubs wasn't too keen on being in the picture in the first place). These are again by the amazing Olivia Wagner, who we had a mini session with right around our 1st anniversary in 2007. It was a gorgeous day and the grass at Lake Harriet was a beautiful lime green - Normy really "popped" in comparison. She did an amazing job capturing hundreds of images as we just rolled around playing with the dog. Normy was naughty of COURSE and right away slipped his collar and bolted across the packed park when we walked away (his grandma was supposed to be wrangling him) and as a result he has his harness on in all the photos. C'est la vie, at least we kept hold of him then.

Anyways, I chose the bucket bag style with is perfect - big enough for all the junk I carry around but not overwhelming or tote bag-ish. It has black trim and a black bottom with little feet, which really help keep it clean, and the images are just amazing and bright. I chose a lime green lining to match the grass in the photos, and I love it. There is a zippered pocket inside and two open pockets perfect for a cell phone and wallet.

Costco used to sell a gift card that was good for one bucket bag at a really great savings, but I don't see it on their site anymore. Even at regular price they're a pretty good deal, and they have other things like messenger bags, diaper bags, wallets, you name it.

I'll eventually get another one, when I come up with a photo I like enough. Maybe when I'm in NYC in a couple weeks I'll take something smashing? :)

No comments: