Friday, June 05, 2009

Bling Box





I've been looking for a wall-mount jewelry box for quite a while, but they are SO EXPENSIVE! This week, however, I stumbled upon a great deal at JC Penny - this box has a photo frame cover (PERFECT, I didn't really want a mirror since we have mirrored closet doors), magnetic closure, and a bunch of hooks inside for earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and rings. And the BEST PART - IT WAS ON SALE! Marked down to $69.99 from $95, I got a sale price + an additional 15% off, so it was practically a steal and I went home to hang it immediately. Normally I'm pretty squeamish about my plaster walls (it can go awry so easily and end up a huge hole or gash) but I resolved myself to do this right - after a quick call to dad, here it is up on my wall!

It looks PERFECT on the space between the closet and the door, and will be so much handier than rummaging through a pile of boxes as I do now. I don't have any "real" jewelry, but I can't resist a rhinestone, so I really needed to do something with all of it. I was surprised in putting away all of my pieces that for someone without pierced ears, I still have quite a few earrings :)I also have even more necklaces than the hooks will allow for, but I don't mind doubling up.

I'm not sure which I'm more excited about, the jewelry box, or the fact I hung it immediately and all by myself! :)

No comments: