Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Alice charm bracelet



My dad surprised me with this bracelet after I admired it in a store on our recent San Francisco trip. I lost him in the sea of tourists down at Fisherman's Wharf and when I found him again, he handed me a tiny purple bag. This was inside!

I've always loved charm bracelets, ever since my mom wouldn't let me wear hers as a child (I'll get that in the will, I've declared it - us kids divied up our claims all the good stuff years ago). In the meantime, however, I have started to collect charms from my travels though I haven't kept them in a consistent spot and the Statue of Liberty has gone missing. I believe I do have Texas (from way back in my high school science fair days), the Golden Gate Bridge from this most recent trip, a Mickey from Disneyworld, and the Duluth bridge as well. I want to say I had something from DC, but that might be lost along with Lady Liberty. I've had visions of building it on my Tiffany bracelet, but never quite got around to getting the sterling silver findings and setting down to it.

Anyways, since I love both charm bracelets AND Alice in Wonderland, you'll see why this one caught my eye. In fact, on this very trip I had picked up a copy of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass for my book club (which disbanded before we discussed it, but it was still interesting). The charms are taken straight from Tenniel's original woodcut illustrations of the stories and they are ADORABLE!

No comments: