Monday, June 01, 2009

Mmmmm...Muddy Paws



I'm taking credit for this creation in the same way that a director takes credit for a movie...it wasn't my talents that baked or even decorated it, but I had the "vision" and assembled all the "parts." :) I only wish I had gotten a piece!

Our wedding cake was from the amazing Muddy Paws in Uptown
- HIGHLY recommended. I actually drove these cheesecakes 2 hours to my destination wedding because they were so unique and worth it.

I found the stand on Ebay back when I lived up north and getting mail/packages was the thrill of the week (let's not talk about the financial damage I did during that period). It wasn't super sturdy, but it did the trick and was unobtrusive.

The fruit I had my amazing cousin cut up and arrange with no direction - how amazing did it turn out?!?! Strawberries, Kiwi, Raspberries, and Blueberries. She is incredible, and did so much to make my wedding special. The gnomes on the top actually weren't any special sort of heirloom, just something my mom had picked up at a garage sale and peered out of her china cabinet for years. After taking so much Swedish in college I've embraced my roots and thought the "tomte" were adorable to boot, so I confiscated them. My mom actually wasn't excited to give them up, and it took three more years before I actually could call them mine - but in the meantime, she did borrow them to me for the cake :)

We also had big white bowls of fruit compotes with little ladles for topping your own cheesecake - strawberry, raspberry, and sadly I can't remember the other two - maybe chocolate and caramel?

We had 3 graduated tiers, plus a couple little satellite stands on the sides. After the shindig we took home one of the cakes, but the fruit had melted all over it before we got a chance to dig in and it was basically destroyed (some sort of sugar reaction maybe?).

We keep saying we're going back on anniversaries to have a slice, but never do...They used to have a few locations including one right down Snelling from us that was GREAT, but sadly they're just in Uptown now and I'm too impatient to deal with the parking drama there. Some day when I'm feeling calm and laid back maybe :)

But as for a wedding cake, I'd HIGHLY recommend Muddy Paws - the owner/head chef is wonderful and really community oriented, and all their cakes are AMAZING.