Friday, June 05, 2009

Goodies for Goblins





I'm a sucker for goodie bags. It's one of my favorite things about parties, planning and finding great little gifts for all of my guests to underscore the theme and remember the event. I know some people detest getting little trinkets, and sometimes I'm one of them, but of course when I'm creating the bags I only put in things I think are real "goodies." :)

These were one of the little gifts I included in my Halloween goodie bags last year, the orange boxes are from the Martha Stewart Wedding collection (scooped up on clearance at Michaels, I KNEW I'd use them for something!), the medallions were made with the "spooky sweets" stamp set from Papertrey Ink & a couple of round punches, and the ribbon was from Michaels and Joann's. Inside was a little paper shred (Dollar Tree) and a couple gourmet chocolate truffles wrapped in bright foil papers (Costco).

I had a lot of fun sitting down and creating them as the days to the party ticked down, it made me feel like I was in the Halloween spirit and was one of the first things I did in my newly-organized craft room.

In addition to using as party favors, I also was able to grab a couple of these for minor gifts around Halloween for my co-workers and family.

No comments: