Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our Wedding Favors



Early on in our wedding planning process, I knew I wanted some sort of an icon as a running theme through our invitations, programs, etc. I shopped around and found B Swift Design (I think on Craigslist?)
and after a few revisions they came up with this image of the Aerial Lift Bridge with an iron ore boat, and it inspired my choice of wedding favors as well.

We didn't want anything with our names or wedding date, but we did want something that was useful and substantial. I poked around at 4-Imprint and ordered a few different samples, and fell in love with this frosted pub glass, we imprinted it with just the icon in a dusty blue and I LOVE how they turned out.

We put one at each place setting, then rolled up little plastic bag to carry it home in and tied a note around it and placed it inside. The note indicated it was a favor to take it home (we wanted to be clear it wasn't just part of the cater's dishware, though several of the guys ended up drinking beer out of them by night's end - all the better for the plastic bag I guess!)

It's great fun to be served a drink in one of "our" glasses years later at our guests' homes - and people still ask us if they could get their hands on any more (sorry guys, they went FAST! Even I don't have that many!).

B Swift was fine to work with, we did everything online so that was quick and easy, and they seemed to "get" my input as far as what I wanted. 4Imprint was FANTASTIC, I'd highly recommend them for any imprinted gear.

Photo by the fabulous Olivia Wagner - When we first met I actually gave her an invitation and a couple of these glasses as I was explaining the nuances of our wedding, and she sent me back a few test shots - WOW! I knew I had found a gem, and was SO CONFIDENT going into our wedding that we'd get great pictures back. We weren't disappointed.

No comments: