Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Another previous mermaid costume...



Halloween 2003 I purchased this mermaid suit off Ebay from a costume shop going out of business. It was one of a kind and hand made, but extremely durable since it was repeatedly rented and worn. The tail was a pair of tight pants out of a stretchy material completely covered in sequins, with a zipper in front and back to bind the legs together. The fin was built on a pair of slippers and had completely rubber bottoms like a pair of shoes.

Originally the top was a flesh colored mesh with the gold sequins appliqued, but it didn't fit right so I chopped it off and re-created my own top using the pieces and a flesh colored halter top I got at DEB for under $10.

The hair was a cheap hippie wig.

I loved it at the time, but looking back the pictures are pretty hideous :)

No comments: