Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Snakes in a tub



This past year I tried to decorate every possible room in the house that people would be mingling in, and of course that included the bathrooms! I was really excited to find these snakes at The Dollar Tree that supposedly grow 300% in water. Unfortunately I didn't read the fine print - they grow to that size AFTER THREE DAYS. Yeah, didn't plan that far ahead and couldn't give up my bathtub that long anyways, but I still tossed them in, and they definitely grew! I drained the tub at the end of the evening and didn't notice till I jumped in the shower in the AM that they leave an invisible and perilously slippery residue behind when they dry out and shrink back to their original size. YIKES! But other than that, it was a cheap and fun way to spice up every inch of the house, and a lot cheaper than buying a big plastic/rubber snake (which is really expensive!)

No comments: