Friday, June 19, 2009




The rain couldn't dampen our creative impulses yesterday, my first full day in NYC. Ry & I hit the fashion district and it was nothing like I had ever seen before - there were at least five stores that had nothing but TRIM! It was amazing. I've never seen so many sparkles and spangles in my life.

We also hit fabric stores, including the infamous "MOOD" of Project Runway fame, where we took the photo above. While there, I'm pretty sure we saw Korto Momolu of last season's final 3 shopping for fabric! Don't let the show fool you, Mood looks like a little hole in the wall where they all buy everything they need for pennies...not so much! The one fabric I looked at was $40 a yard - nope!

The forecast for tomorrow calls for storms, which is disheartening but I'm not giving up - the parade goes on rain or shine, and a little water never hurt a mermaid (though I'm a little concerned for those who come in only body paint...) It did, however, spur a change in costume decisions, and last night over Chinese take out Ry made me a new tail! It's a pearly blue with a long train and flesh colored bustier - you know pics will follow when we're done :) Today is more crafting, shopping, and local flavor. So far my feet are holding up well, knock on wood!

No comments: