Monday, June 01, 2009

Al's Apron



I think I was about 3 years late on delivering this apron I promised to Al...but I finally came through! I told her it was just as well, as my skills have greatly improved from the time I first launched into my "business" selling aprons at craft fairs. This one was a little improvised - I took the elements of a retro-styled pattern I liked but gave the top a little more coverage so it would actually be useful for washing dishes and the like. This was the first apron I'd actually bought special fabric for - before that I'd only used cast offs from an interior design company, beautiful designer fabrics but not all that hip and young. I fell in love with this cherry print for it's pin up/rock and roll attitude, and the colors are actually great as far as not staining and being able to really get it dirty. It's cotton, so that should wash decent, and it'd look cute hanging on a hook in a pantry :) Who knows, you might just see this pattern come up again in another project...