Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Mummy Mini Pizzas




My first attempt at a Halloween Party was 2007 and it was mighty small in comparison to the next year (and I hope/suspect this year will grow as well). These English Muffin pizzas were one of my favorite items - you can prep all the ingredients ahead of time and just pop them in the oven right before serving:

-Slice & lightly toast the muffins (if you skip this, they will be soggy)
-Place on a baking sheet and top with pizza sauce
-Add two sliced olive eyes with bits of chopped green pepper pupils
-Decoratively "wrap" the mummy with strips of sliced mozzarella to look like a mummy - as shown above.
-Then pop under the broiler until cheese is melted - sadly, you do have to watch - I got caught up in the fun and torched a batch, which was eventful (and loud...my smoke detectors clearly worked!).

You can easily customize and add toppings under the "bandages" - or have an interactive "make your own" option for kids.

No comments: