Tuesday, June 09, 2009

It's Official: Halloween 2009 = Welcome to Wonderland




Okay, I decided and blabbed and now I'm committed! The big theme of the 2009 Halloween Party will be: Alice in Wonderland!

This is the theme I've waffled on for a while, and I just decided to go for it. The big Tim Burton/Johnny Depp re-make will be out soon and while I'm sure it'll be fabulous, it'll definitely steal the thunder and originality as mass-produced macabre Alice stuff ends up everywhere. Plus in this unstable economy (read: I'm generally broke and only getting brok-er) who knows when the parties will come to an end?

I'm planning to go all out on this one (is that even worth saying? would you expect anything less?) and I've already reserved a super secret form of "entertainment" to be revealed at a later date. Since Halloween is on a Saturday this year (meaning my party is on the actual Halloween) there will be much more competition for resources and guests, which is why I'm thinking ahead as much as possible.

Costume-wise I'm still pretty uncertain - the easy choice would be Alice, but that's just kind of boring. I'm leaning Red Queen - I already quite enjoy running about ordering people's head's off, and I see a lot of possibilities for something dark & interesting....have to give it more thought.

Countdown: 144 days to go!

No comments: