Thursday, June 04, 2009

Barbie Brides



These are actually all the artwork of my talented friends and family!

My crack team of bridesmaids came up with a brilliant game for my wedding shower, perfect for a crafty group. They purchased a bunch of fashion dolls (I recommend Dollar Tree for their $1 ladies)and stripped them down. Each guest (or you could do teams) got their own doll, and a huge tray of art supplies was placed in front of them to use. The supplies were all white items - tissue paper, toilet paper, paper towels, coffee filters, cupcake liners, ribbon, etc., along with tape and scissors. Guests had a certain amount of time to design their own bridal gown, and the winner (as judged by the bride) got a prize.

I liked it obviously because it was crafty, but also because nobody had to dress up themselves or otherwise feel uncomfortable, as some bridal shower games can be. It also reminded me of "Project Runway" but on a scale an amateur could easily accomplish :)

I was actually really impressed with what my guests came up with! Some of them are even pretty, and most of them look like actual dresses (save the mermaid tail my mother made). They stayed up on my mantle for a long time.

Easy twists:
-cut out a photo of the bride and cover the doll with the bride's face to "personalize" the game,

-give out prizes for the most original, best use of materials, closest to the bride's actual dress, etc.

-give each person/team a paper bag of different supplies, and they can only use those items on their design

No comments: