Sunday, June 14, 2009

Laura's Apron


So in a follow up to the card I posted yesterday, here's the gift that went with it - my lil' sister is getting married in July and had long ago requested one of my hand made aprons, but it seemed I was always too busy around Christmas and her birthdays, so when I was invited to her 2nd shower I made a point of sitting down to create something just for her.

I paired the cherry fabric I used earlier in Al's apron with some black & white polka dots, which I thought looked very rockabilly, and reminded me of how my sister pairs bright red pumps with black or navy outfits. I also took some liberties from my usual pattern (I'm getting bolder!) and added a bottom ruffle and extra wide waistband with longer ties. I'm really proud of the final result, and I think it fits her personality perfectly - even the colors match the kitchen items she registered for!

No comments: