Sunday, June 07, 2009

Leprechauns on Halloween



Halloween 2006 we continued the mythical creatures trend by dressing up as leprechauns. These costumes weren't so much made as gathered - the green dress was on clearance at Deb for $7, the wig was on sale at the Spirit Store, Hub's suit jacket was a goodwill castoff, and a sheet of shamrock stickers were the minimal embellishments. My "purse" was a pot of gold - a small witch's cauldron filled with Hershey's nuggets, the mardi gras beads were just laying around the house, and hub's hat came from M&N International. There were a few minor craft projects - my shrug was originally white, I used rit dye and a rubbermade tub and it came out this perfect bright orange, and my hat was a black paper top hat from the craft store that I sprayed with green glitter. Voila! bright, recognizable, easy costumes. Not my favorite, but it worked, and all the pieces could be re-purposed for St. Patty's Day.

No comments: