Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Family Tree Decor



This is a vinyl wall decal from Etsy seller "BadassCustomDecals" available here. I've had it in my "favorites" folder forever, but just haven't gotten around to buying it. It looks a lot like the Hallmark Family Tree I got a few years back, and I have visions of appliqueing this on the wall behind our bed and hanging antique-y framed photos of our family members on the branches, like a giant sized version of the Hallmark one. What do you think? Is it creepy to have your family members hanging over your bed, or sweet?

I'm stalling because I've had this idea we would paint our bedroom (mint green was not my choice...though it's kind of grown on me) and get a new bed (a headboard would be nice - and I'd probably want that before putting up the applique?)

Our bedroom is far from elegant and really has become a dumping ground - I should start to make it a priority, but there are just too many other things on the list!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I like the tree, but do you really want your mom and dad staring down at you?