Sunday, August 23, 2009

What lies beneath...


I fell in love with my house at first sight, and like almost everything about it. Almost.
I really dislike the paint job in the master bedroom. Whoever did it clearly loved mint green, and couldn't understand the ideas of trim and staying within the lines. Case in point, the cream carpet is edged with mint green paint - yes, on the carpet. It creates a dirty, moldy feel to the crevices that really isn't fixable short of replacing the carpet.

I don't really have the budget for that, but while I was scrubbing cinnamon roll off the carpet & walls yesterday, I got curious and peeled up a corner.
Hmmm...
Yup, that's hardwood, apparently a match to the living room. It looks pretty scratched and full of nails, but an interesting discovery nonetheless...

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Ours looks to have been refinished, but there are also clear nail holes and areas where carpet used to be. I actually like it imperfect, it feels more homey somehow.