Wednesday, August 26, 2009

HEAPS of Halloween Costume Inspiration


I was so stoked today to see my cousin's facebook status read: "won my Halloween wig on Ebay" - YAY! It's NEVER too early to think about costumes, and we all know the next couple months are going to fly by. For my particular party the theme is Wicked Wonderland and Alice-inspired costumes are suggested, but not required. To me, it's just important that people dress up as SOMETHING, and besides, anything can happen in Wonderland, so there's no reason Britney Spears, Michael Jackson, and Sookie Stackhouse can't all show up there as well :)

The only costume rule I have is this: You MUST have one.

I don't have patience for lame excuses or lack of enthusiasm. I don't expect everyone to go as all-out as I do, of course, but I think in response to the time, energy, and expense I got to in putting on a party, the least my guests can do is dress up. Seems fair in my world view.

Otherwise, it's off with their heads. And off the guest list. Seriously. You know who you are.

But! I'm not all cold-hearted rage, in fact, I'm a font of information! If you are stumped for Halloween costume ideas, here are a few I have to offer.


These are all the characters in the Wonderland books, save the Queen of Hearts (I call dibs:)

Mad Hatter
March Hare
White Rabbit
Tweedle Dum
Tweedle Dee
Talking Doorknob
Mock Turtle
Bill the Lizard
Cheshire Cat
Knave of Hearts
King of Hearts
Talking Flowers
Bread & Butterflies
Alice
Doormouse
Dinah
Caterpillar
Duchess
Pig Baby
Gryphon
Lory
Dodo
Duck
Sheep
Unicorn

Lion
Hatta
Haigha
Flamingo
Hedgehog
Kitty
Red Queen
White Queen
Red King
White King
White Knight
The Queen's Cards (that's 52+ ideas, but I'm not listing them out separately :)
Jabberwocky
Humpty Dumpty
Mome Wrath
Walrus
Carpenter
Oysters
Mushroom
Pocket watch
Looking Glass
Snow Drop

Feel inspired yet?

And for you non-wonderland peeps, Martha has a costume gallery up here with some fun ideas.

Heidi Klum is my celebrity Halloween crush - she always does a fabulous party with amazing costumes. Here are some pictures of her and other stars.

2006 - pics on "socialite life"
2007 - pics from "Popsugar"
2008 - pics via "I don't like you in that way"

Isn't she AWESOME?

No comments: