Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sneak Peek: Bachelorette Goodies!


I'm deep into bachelorette prep mode again, with my good friend Al's party coming up this weekend. Without giving too much away, I had to share at least a glimpse of what I'm working on:

Goodie bags!

Tonight I scooped up these mini gloss gift bags in the perfect shade of teal blue. I found them at Litin, a huge party supply store in Minneapolis that has a pretty great selection of themed decor, color coordinated tableware, take out boxes & other disposable packaging, and a large selection of life size photo standees from Star Wars to Marilyn Monroe.

I managed to get in and out without too much damage (and without finding the one thing I went in there for, of course) but when these caught my eye I had to scoop them up!

I used cardstock leftover from the invites to make name tags for each guest. This helps to personalize the bags, but also to keep them straight when there are 14 of them laying around a table or room. I punched a large circle from brown and then a smaller scalloped circle from pool. I used double stick tape to mount the teal on the brown, and then a standard hole punch to create the hangar. I ended up just looping the existing bag handle through this hole, and then tied a bit of coordinated ribbon (also from the invites)to form a little bow.

I wrote each guest's name in brown marker on the tag, and I think they look really cute. I won't show you yet what they are filled with (and I'm still working on it) but I promise to share next week ;)

3 comments:

Alison said...

So excited! You outdo yourself! :)

Brooke said...

Hey, you don't happen to come across something like ice cream cartons at any of these crafty stores, do you?

HeatherEve said...

Litin has TONS of packaging and food quality boxes - not sure specifically about ice cream, but they have a lot of stuff!