Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mosaic Day II - Done!


It hasn't quite hit me yet that I'm going to leap out of an airplane tomorrow. I feel like I should be panicked, or nervous, or at least excited, but I'm really very calm. Probably too calm. I fully expect to be up at the crack of dawn paralyzed with fear.

But tonight I relaxed! Looking at the busy week ahead I decided to use my unencumbered evening to finish up the mosaic mirror I started yesterday. I actually worked pretty smoothly and finished up my glass tiling quickly. The instructor happened to be there again leading a birthday party, and she asked if I wanted to do the grouting tonight as well - saving another hellish trip up 94, OH YEAH!

I did slice my index finger once (forgot it was GLASS when I was running my fingers over the jagged pieces, oops), but otherwise it wasn't bad - I could get into this!


The pictures don't do it justice, maybe once I get it up on the wall I'll snap another one. The colors are so bright and tropical, I'm really impressed with myself! I would totally do this again - in 2 nights I banged out a really great and personal art piece, and it was really fun and relaxing.

No comments: