Sunday, August 16, 2009

Room with a View


Well, I survived another weekend of Bacheloretting, and I think a pretty good time was had by all. Since we were hitting the town, I reserved an executive suite at the Radisson Plaza Hotel, which was a FABULOUS idea.

The executive suites have a large living room with a pull out couch, dining table, big TV, and this fabulous huge window. It was a great meeting place for everyone before heading out to the bar (walking distance from Block E). There were a lot of other bachelorette parties staying there so I worried it would be a crazy party hotel, but it was really classy and quiet. Our suite was actually on a club level floor, so guests had to check in at the desk and show ID to be allowed up - I was worried it would be a pain, but it went really smoothly.

I checked in early and set up some appetizers on the table and laid out this mini bar along the window ledge. I stuck to a few easy favorites - cosmopolitans, Malibu pineapples, and Mandarin cranberries. The Absolut mandarin + cranberry juice was the big hit of the evening, we almost polished off the bottle in our little cocktail hour! I picked up the teal martini glasses on clearance at Party America - they matched my color scheme AND the stems lit up and flashed! I also had teal plastic cups and teal stir sticks from Party America, a cocktail shaker from Target, and a mini cutting board and bar knife from Pampered Chef for slicing lemon garnish on the cosmos. The ice bucket came with the room, and there was also a mini fridge I filled with sodas.

I think this was a nice set up and I'd recommend it again - having the living room area was a lot more comfortable than sitting on beds in a traditional hotel room, and felt much more upscale. By bringing in our own drinks people could relax and chat while we waited for everyone to arrive, and it was cheaper than the drinks would be at a bar. I had a few choices to suit different tastes, but not so many it was a budget buster as the host. Only a few of us actually stayed the night, so the king bed + pull out couch was plenty of room. And one of the best perks of all - the parking lot connected to the hotel was easy to access and only charged $6 overnight - SCORE!

Big thumbs up to the Radisson Plaza Hotel - and to another fun bachelorette party!

1 comment:

Alison said...

It was awesome!