Saturday, August 22, 2009

Layered paper flowers


In happier news, PRIOR to walking in on the cinnamon roll hide & seek, I went to an open crafting night at my Stampin' Up representative's house. I had a pretty important project to work on, and I'm so happy I was able to finish it up (especially since I now have so much cleaning to do!)

Flowers!


I cranked out nearly 200 layered paper flowers, each one different, for my good friend's wedding this weekend! They'll be adorning the place cards, and I really love how they turned out. Her wedding colors are all different shades of blue, and her invitations and other stationery has had an orange dahlia accent - so using that as inspiration I rounded up all my blue and orange card stock. I used several different flower punches to cut over 1,000 different flower shapes, layered them up, punched them in the center, and held it all together with a tiny metal brad.

Tomorrow the bride is coming over to finish up the place cards and other wedding crafts, and I sure hope she likes these! I really enjoy the effect, and I think they're very whimsical and fun.

1 comment:

Alison said...

These are gorgeous! You more than outdid yourself.