Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wedding Weekend Update


It was a jam-packed non-stop party of a weekend, and I am just DYING to see the pictures. I didn't take many myself, but there should be no shortage - their photographer generally takes 3-5 THOUSAND images in a typical wedding session! I think that if you line them all up you might get a flip book of the entire day.

And what a day! They're a pretty private couple so I won't be sharing much here, but suffice to say it was a great party - photos in a lush riverfront park, outdoor wedding on a patio overlooking the water, and a POLKA BAND at the reception! My feet are ACHING tonight and I'm pretty sure I lost about 10 pounds, but it was so worth it - what a blast.

I will share a few pics of some of the wedding crafts I had the privilege of contributing to, which I'm pretty proud of.

How gorgeous are these dahlias? I don't think I had ever seen one before Al started planning this wedding, but they are her favorite flower and they are amazing. They look like carvings or origami, each one is so unique and perfect. She ordered wrapped bouquets for us 'maids from a florist with dahlias, and then on the morning of the wedding a few of her friends and I picked up 15 more bunches she had ordered from a local grower at the farmer's market, and we arranged them all around the reception site. They were so fantastic, and what a wonderful feeling to have purchased them straight from a local grower.

I was so honored to be a part of this wonderful wedding, congrats newlyweds!

No comments: