Monday, August 03, 2009

Another Bridal Shower in the Books!




Today's shower was another excellent affair, we had a GORGEOUS day and it was such a nice experience to host a shower at a restaurant! All in all the cost was the same or likely less than hosting at a private home (don't you always buy too much food?) and we each got way more choices. Plus, nobody had to clean their house before, or spend days doing dishes afterwards! It was an all around wonderful experience.

I strongly recommend the brunch at The Seasons, they do such an excellent job! Their prices are competitive and they always have a ton of choices - including 3-4 dinner entrees in addition to a salad bar, custom omelet station, chef carved ham and roast beef, scrambled eggs, various breakfast meats, soups, desserts...it just goes on and on!




I thought before I move on to other things I'd post a few pictures of how everything I had been working on turned out, like my finished and complete banner above, and finally post a pic of those great invitations one of my co-hostesses made.



As I said, the theme we stuck with was umbrellas, and that was set with these gorgeous invites - they started as a closed umbrella, then you popped it open to find all the invite details! (I've masked a few things for anonymity). ADORABLE! The bride is pretty lucky to be gaining this graphic designer as a sister-in law :)



She also made these cute little paper purses which were filled with candies and set at each place as a favor - and they were all different! She said they were from some sort of stack that you just punched out and assembled. Aren't they great?





As usual I got the bride's corsage from Forever Floral - isn't it bright and summery and fun? I just love mini gerbera daisies! It coordinated with the full size gerbs we arranged as centerpieces on the tables.





I got these clear bubble vases at the Goodwill for $0.99 (you can also get them at The Dollar Tree, but I liked the idea of re-using, and they were all really clean). Then I just used a couple spools of ribbon I had to tie little bows around the narrowest part, and voila! They look like a professional arrangement (one of the other bridesmaid's cut & arranged the flowers - I'm not sure where she got them exactly).


It feels great to have another big event done and successful, now my attenturn turns to the next celebration: two weeks till the bachelorette party!

No comments: