Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Tips & Tricks: Wicked Wonderland Menu - Mushroom Turnovers


With a Wonderland-themed party, you just HAVE to serve something made of mushrooms. Unfortunately, it's hard to know what when I don't actually like mushrooms and couldn't be forced to eat one if my life depended on it. Somehow that just really handicaps my ability to then cook a mushroom dish. I thought about doing mushroom caps or stuffed mushrooms, but then waltzing the aisles at Costco I spied "Nancy's Champagne Collection" appetizers, a box of 36 (12 of each) mushroom turnovers,


cheese souffles, and seafood crabcakes. They were cute, easy to make (just heat up in the oven & serve), and judging by how fast they disappeared, they must have tasted okay! I also liked that they they were a few more vegetarian-friendly options (most of my veggie friends still eat seafood). I'd get them again.

No comments: