Sunday, November 15, 2009

Grouting Day

Well, I put my nose to the grindstone this morning and got 14 mosaics grouted - yippee! Any progress I had made on cleaning my kitchen has been set back MONTHS, but I'm really loving all of the mirrors and frames. Here's a sneak peek:



I still have some polishing to finish up, but that's 14 big items off of my to - do list! I have another 10 or so I'm hoping to finish today, but first I'm in need of a lunch break. Then I need to get going making some larger scale mirrors - they're actually a lot easier than the small photo frames, since the edges are wider and more even - grouting the edges is like icing a cake smooth, which I've never been good at :)

Here's my very favorite one so far, it's a big mirror or could be a large photo frame (the center is removable, and thus it's empty right now). As soon as I grouted it and the colors popped, I let out a squeal of delight:



Yay! Rainbows make me happy.

No comments: