Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wicked Wonderland Menu Teaser





Okay, I'm just bursting at the seams to get on with the weekend, on one hand I feel like I need a ton more time to get everything done, and on the other I just want to get to the party already! So to put you in a truly festive mood, I thought I'd post a teaser of my menu plans - as of right now, this is what I'm planning on putting out:







Baby Bread Bowls with Shrunken Spinach Dip

Tiny Tea Sandwiches - PB & J, Turkey Bacon, Ham & Cheese

Teenie Weenies in BBQ Sauce

Magic Mushroom Turnovers

Peppered Pigs in a Blanket

Puking Pumpkin Veggie Platter

Fresh Fanciful Fruit Platter

The Queen's Stolen Tarts

"Eat Me" Sweets - my infamous cupcakes, brownies, cream puffs, mini cheesecakes, and more!

There will likely be a few more munchies with less whimsical names, but here's the core of my spread - what do you think? I played a lot with proportions, since Alice keeps changing size in the story from huge to tiny, I did a lot of tiny foods - which I also just happen to think are adorable. I have several vegetarians in the mix, so I tried to keep that in mind, and last year I noticed that the "savory" food went much faster than the sweets, so I put more emphasis there - but of course I couldn't stop myself from making all my favorite sweets, so I moved them to the goodie boxes - guests lucky enough to get one (hope you RSVP'd!) will receive all these handmade goodies:

-Four varieties of Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
-Six Peanut Butter Balls
-3 S'mores on a Stick
-2 Candy Chess Pieces
-2 Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Marshmallows
-1 Candy Lollipop
-1 Mushroom Keychain

Anybody else getting hungry?

No comments: