Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Forecast: Wedding Showers!



This week I'm working on more wedding-related crafts, this time for one of my best friend's bridal shower the weekend after this! I'm really excited and think this will be a fun event. I'm throwing it jointly with the two other bridesmaids, and we've picked a classic umbrella image as our "theme."

The invitations were amazing and I should post them here sometime, one of the co-hosts is a graphic designer and rigged up a paper umbrella that you actually open to reveal the invite text! They were ADORABLE.

For my part, I've completed these name tags with a great die-cut umbrella:


They have a pin back for ease of wear, and the names will be printed on a label maker (black on white tape) so that they are visible over the pattern. Each person will select their own name tag (and affix their name label) and the number on the back will correspond to various games & door prize drawings.

These were made from a Quickutz die I got off ebay but recently found at Archivers too (for a better price even!). It works in my Cuttlebug, though when I use heavily decorated papers I'll run it through a couple times before trying to pry the tiny pieces apart.

The paper is various glittered cardstock from a DCWV "Fun in the Sun Summer Glitter mattstack" I picked up at Joann's during a 40% off sale (they go on sale every other week, or you can use the coupon from the weekly flier - never pay full price for anything at Joanns!)

I loved the bright glittery colors of these papers, aren't they fun?

I punched out a million of them, and then went to work switching up the handles and tops so they coordinated/contrasted. I think they turned out really cute!

Also on the same die is the "closed" umbrella, which I haven't decided on a use for yet, but have a stash of them waiting if I do:

These are a little more tedious to put together due to the small pieces for the point and closure, but it's those details that really make them cute and polished.

This is the same die cut set I used on my sister's bridal shower card here and here and you could definitely use it for baby showers, get well, and springtime miscellaneous cards. I've definitely gotten my money's worth with all the wedding showers just this year!

No comments: