Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Halter Top #1



Here was my first daily wear sewing project in a long time (maybe ever?), it's a halter top from a pattern, which actually was a huge step forward for me, I've never done well trying to follow patterns. My friend Ryan jokes that I don't sew, I build. Generally with a glue gun and duct tape. But I tried a pattern and this one was pretty easy!

The fabric is actually quilting fabric called "running eighths" from Jo-Ann, I loved all the different patterns and cotton is perfect for summer.

The top is self-lined which is really nice (and I find less and less in store-bought things these days - I don't understand what adult woman feels comfortable wearing these thin see-through fabrics). There are ties at the bustline that make a bow at the back and help adjust the fit so you don't have to be quite so exact or bother with elastic or zippers, though that should probably be the next thing I learn.

No comments: