Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sugar & Spice...DESSERT Preview

As I mentioned before, I've cut down somewhat on my offering of high-sugar snacks in favor of a little more "real food" at the Halloween shindig this year - each previous year I've noticed that the savory dishes go fastest. But I can't cut the sweets down too far :) I'm really focused on theme, and tried to pick a mix of classic favorites and some special N'awlins desserts this year. As always, this sneak peek is subject to any and all whims that strike me in the next few days, but as of now here is what I'm planning on serving on the "sweet side" of the buffet table:



Bananas Foster - served over pound cake and/or vanilla ice cream

Mini cheesecakes with strawberry compote

Cupcakes (of course)

Pralines

Beignets

Sweet Potato Pie (Thanks to the Lovely Pie Afficinado, Alison)

Fruit Platter

Are you ready?!?!?

No comments: