Friday, October 15, 2010

One step forward, two steps back...

That sounds more melancholy than I actually feel right now, but it's still true. Last night things were accomplished, then other things were dis-accomplished. Unaccomplished. Moved back onto the "to do" list. Drat!

Good news first:

- assembled two big wire shelving units for the laundry room



- moved the giant pile of clean blankets, sheets, tablecloths, and pillowcases off the bar, where they've been living for far too long to their new home on the laundry room shelves

- washed 2 loads of laundry, put away 4

- took down the blacklights from last year's party, the remaining 3M hooks, and replaced the ceiling tiles in the basement - so it's ready to decorate for this year!

- replaced all lights around the bar with red bulbs

- ate a few cheeseburgers

...and then I decided to try on my costume.

...and it wasn't very cute. Definitely not cute enough. Hmmmm.

...so while I was thinking of it, I had hubby try on his costume...which didn't fit.

AT ALL. He couldn't even get into it, let alone zip it up.

So...there was definitely progress made, after which I was feeling pretty proud of myself, and even the things that ended up undone (back to the drawing board on costumes) were better discovered at this point than in the hours just before the party. Guess I have some more shopping to do!

No comments: