Sunday, February 28, 2010

Is winter over yet?

This morning I looked in the mirror after my shower and I looked like I had the worst sunburn of my life. Not the part of the sunburn when it's all red and angry, but after that when your skin curls up and flakes off like old paint, or some kind of zombie. Ick.

Beyond the the hassles of shoveling and bundling up, my patience is starting to wear thin on what this weather is doing to my "look." Not that I've really done much to battle it, but I'd rather not look like a creature from a bad sci-fi show.

Enter silk drops:

I'm trying something new.
I am the ultimate no-fuss hair girl. I roll out of bed, shower, and leave. Yeah, that's right, I intentionally skipped brushing my hair on that list because *gasp* I often don't even do it.

I have very thick, straight hair. Not thick in individual strands, but so many strands that my stylists generally get sick of the hour long blow drying required and insinuate that I should just leave with it damp. Which I often do, having the attention span of a kindergartner, and being terrible at mindless chit chat.

Anyways, my current hairdo is the simple stacked bob, and I like to wash it and run out of the house like a chicken with my head cut off about 15 minutes late, so there is very little fussing with it. Unfortunately, this dry weather leaves it to fluff and frizz quite oddly. I can combat this with a flat iron, but without making a serious adjustment to my morning schedule, that's not going to happen.

So when I got my hair cut last week I shared this conundrum with my stylist, who recommended I put "some STUFF" in it.

I have no "stuff." I think there are a few cans of glitter hair spray in the back of my cabinet, but outside of Halloween I rarely put gunk in my hair. I'm gunk shy. It makes me nervous.

But now I have gunk! She recommended these "silk drops" which she promised were easy as pie. I was skeptical, but for $10 I gave it a try. You just use a few drops, work it through wet hair, and and it supposedly eliminates the flyaways and fuzz.

I've used it 2-3 times so far, and it feels pretty good. It's a little fragrant for my tastes, but it doesn't make my hair feel greasy or gooey or stiff. I wasn't sure if it was really doing that much, or if my new haircut should get the credit, so I skipped a day (but still actually brushed it - go me!) and my hair was all fuzzy strange kinks. I think that seals it, this is good stuff!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I like the John Frieda Sheer Blonde line, 'cause I have issues with most gunk making my hair feel sticky or look icky. Also, I wash my hair the night before and let it dry while I sleep. When it's not short I don't get bedhead, since it's so heavy.