Saturday, February 27, 2010

And so it begins...

The first Halloween project - though I probably won't work on it for a while, yes, I am already thinking of the 2010 party and have been since before the last one was done. I can't help it. It's a sickness.

But I also made a resolution this year to spend my party budget more carefully, and that means starting early so I can be discerning and wait for deals. I already blew my first chance - waited too long on some supplies I wanted and my amazing coupon expired. :( Boo. Hopefully it comes around again.

And then there's this fun and cheap project! I came across four of these frames at Goodwill and snapped them up immediately:



These frames stood out amongst the piles of junk and caught my eye from across the store. They're metal, probably a foot and a half tall, in various states of distress, and just SCREAMING for a makeover. At $3.99 each, I just couldn't pass them up and scooped up the entire pile. My plan is to screw off the back (yes, they are screwed together, very strange) and replace the dumb field pictures with something spooky that matches my theme. I don't even think I'll refinish the frames, I like the dinged-up aged look of them, the ornateness of the thick frame, and the unusual shape.

No comments: