Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bosom Buddies

This is so cool! My "ladies" have gone through some pretty significant changes in the past 2 years (pregnancy, pumping, deflating, weightloss...) so I have a big collection of bras that don't fit (some I only wore once!) and I feel like an ass throwing perfectly wearable stuff in a landfill. I know some people are pretty weirded out by used unmentionables, but it just doesn't gross me out - I don't know why, but I have always felt like someone somewhere could appreciate free lightly worn undergarments, especially if they are already subsisting on a wink and a prayer. What if you fled your abusive home with just the clothes on your back? What if you were homeless? What if you couldn't always feed your kids, would a new bra be one of your priorities? No. But it would be nice to have SOMETHING.


And I hate throwing good stuff in the trash. It hurts my brain a little, in a "potential to be a hoarder if I weren't so practical and running out of storage space anyways" sort of way.

I'd rather my stuff make it to people who need it than hang around a goodwill not selling too. And I'm not dealing with weirdos on Craigslist, Ebay, or yard sale for this kind of stuff.

So yay for Google, I just stumbled on The Bosom Buddy Program, which lead me to BraRecyclers.com and they have Minnesota drop off sites! Fingers crossed that they are still active, if so it will mean another big bag out of my attic and hopefully to a good cause. Hug the world!

No comments: