Wednesday, August 11, 2010

NOLA Costume Ideas: Saints Marching In

It's no secret I'm not really a sports person, in fact I've been known to cry when some clueless spouse "invited" me to a basketball game on Valentine's Day (and that was pre-hormones). So suffice it to say, this is not really an area of expertise for me. Apparently New Orleans has a football team. Apparently they won a superbowl or something. And just this week, they sat down to eat a po' boy with President Obama. I don't know much about any of that, but I DO appreciate gold lame pants, feather boas, and the costume inspiration this team can bring to my NOLA party. Here are a few pics to get your wheels turning:

Saints Football Uniforms:








Saints Cheerleaders:



Saints Fans:









(More super fans on the calendar described here)

English Majors such as moi are required to appreciate puns ("they were once the highest form of humor" for super bonus points: can you attribute that quote?) so I can't help it that my mind keeps going to these kinds of saints:



Especially if you mixed it with some hats and instruments like these:




*giggle/snort/giggle*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bill Compton to Sookie Stackhouse in True Blood Season 1, episode 4.

HeatherEve said...

Carin gets the bonus points! I expected nothing less :)