Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dear Internets,


I may have found a way for us to be together. I'm still working out the details, but it involves T-Mobile's new "WebConnect Rocket" - unlimited Internet, decent monthly price, and most importantly NO CONTRACT, so if the babybomb dropping in January proves to bankrupt us or otherwise turn us into Internet abhorrent zombies, I can hit the kill switch at any point I need to. None of the promo materials give you this option, but when I asked - BOOM! Excellent answer: if you buy the card at retail price, then no contract (otherwise you're locked in for TWO YEARS. I have no idea if I'll still be able to walk, talk, and type in two years. I may be locked in my house with an evil toddler no longer able to comprehend adult speak. Or just broke). I think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship...and more posting.

I loaded it up last night and was super disappointed at first - it was really slow. This was particularly confusing as my excellent saleslady (excellent because she gave me a new charger for my out of date phone, since they didn't sell them anymore and she had one sitting around - this was the REAL reason I had gone in to the store in the first place. Kinda makes me rethink my hatred of T-mobile...) had said it was their fastest product, competing with Sprint's 4G card. Harrumph. But after I ran a million updates on my poor computer that hadn't been connected to the Internet in months, everything seemed pretty slick. Tonight's plan is to test out how my Heritage Makers site runs on it, since a large part of my plan is to attempt to keep up on scrapbooks when the little bugger arrives (go ahead veteran moms, laugh at my naivety. I realize it's a long shot, but we all need dreams).

Anyways, I'm still in the "testing phase" and I have 13 days left to make up my mind or return it. I'll let you know how it goes. And by the way, T-mobile isn't paying me anything. Though they are certainly welcome to.

No comments: